Samui Ocean Sports (SOS) and Yacht Charter Co. Ltd.
Environmental Principles/ Commitment and ECO Tours.
Tourism makes a contribution to climate change, with the emissions of carbon dioxide (Co2), through air travel and ground activities such as accommodation and ground and water transport.
As such we are all responsible to respect and contribute to keeping tourism in Koh Samui an environmentally sustainable business.
SOS and Yacht Charter Co.Ltd. is obligated and committed to minimize the environmental impact of our business and reduce carbon emissions to protect the natural environment and the local community of Koh Samui. We will strive to develop our business in a manner that takes into consideration the balance between the natural environment, social responsibility and economic prosperity for the benefit of all parties concerned.
What are we doing to the benefit of the environment?
SOS & Yacht Charter Offer Eco Friendly Sailing Charters To The Waters Around Samui.
- Our sailing boats all uses low fuel usage engines. As we are a sailing company, considered an eco friendly business in itself, we strive to use as little petrol as possible in order not to pollute the delicate tropical eco system in the waters around Samui. We only use our low fuel engines in case of no wind situation or in case of emergencies.
- We collect and recycle all our garbage in our beach office as well as on the boats. All waste is brought back to the beach for recycling.
- In our line of work, there are a lot of maintenance and repairs. We strive to support local businesses and products as far as possible.
- Our charters have an eco friendly purpose and message as we bring our guests to see and appreciate natural attractions and wildlife. On these excursions we make sure no garbage is left behind and we even bring with us garbage left behind by others.
- One of our catamarans is powered by a solar panel, which runs all electronics, the freezer and fridge on board when the engines are turned off.
- We inform and educate our clients about the surroundings, especially the underwater world with its sensitive treasures which should not be touched or stepped on while we snorkel off the boats!
- Initiate and support environmental work and projects locally in Samui as well as regional.
- We will strive to ensure that the operation of our business is environmentally friendly on a day to day basis.
- Furthermore, we have pledged to plant trees in accordance with the The United Nations Environment Program’s (UNEP) tree planting campaign: ?Plant for the Planet: Billion Tree Campaign. People, communities, business and industry, civil society organizations and governments are encouraged to join with the global objective of planting at least one billion trees worldwide each year to combat climate change.
- We will use means and funds from recycling and cooperation with other businesses to achieve our goal of making sure more trees are planted.
To work for the environment means businesses have to work together, share information, show transparency and good will! SOS & Yacht Charter will be a partner in this campaign!